Carpets in your house are a lovely feature that provides elegance and a touch of glamour. Maintenance is equally vital with the charm that these carpets, rugs, and mats bring to your floor. Imagine calling guests over to your haven only to see dirty or stained carpets and rugs on the floor. Wouldn’t that take away the entire appeal and impression of your home? Furthermore, it can be a breeding ground for multiple pests, dust, and mites. Isn’t it better to hire professional carpet cleaners Brisbane and elevate the aesthetics of your rooms?
Why Should You Keep Your Carpets Clean?
The most obvious reason to clean your carpet is dirt. Dust and dirt inevitably accumulate in your carpet if left unclean for long. Besides, it can also contain unnoticeable mites and insects that will affect your health at some time. There are a few more reasons why carpet cleaning Brisbane becomes crucial:
- Regular cleaning enhances the life of carpets and rugs. It is an excellent way to protect your floor-covering investments.
- Carpets tend to trap airborne pollutants that deteriorate indoor air quality. Regular carpet cleaning can ensure better air quality and protect the carpet.
- Regular carpet cleaning Brisbane saves you from significant maintenance costs. If you regularly vacuum your carpets, there are lesser chances of dry soil accumulation.
- If you have pets at home, your carpet is prone to dirt, fur, muddy footprints, or sometimes unpleasant ‘surprises.’ Therefore, you must regularly clean your carpet to remove pet dirt.
- Clean, well-maintained, and hygienic carpets automatically elevate the appearance of the room. They attract greater attention from visitors and make your home look tidy and presentable.
- Clean carpet creates a better work environment. When the rug you sit on looks tidy and smells nice, you feel better about your work. No one likes to work in dirty home conditions.
- Regular carpet cleaning gives new life to your dingiest and stained carpet, elevating its appearance and vibrancy.
Different Ways To Keep Your Carpets Clean At Home
In most cases, carpet cleaning Brisbane is possible at home. There are multiple ways in which you can handle the job independently. However, if you have a hectic schedule, you can always opt for professional carpet cleaners Brisbane.
Steam is a hot water extraction method to clean dirt and stains built up and accumulated in your carpet. This technique is simple and hassle-free. A machine sprays hot water onto your carpet. The heat from the steam loosens the dirt in the carpet, and vacuuming sucks it up. If you wish for better results, you can add cleaning solutions based on the type of fibre you own.
Pre-conditioning is a great way to loosen up tough stains and spots. Likewise, you can do the same with your carpets. Once the conditioning has effectively loosened up the stains, you can easily clean them with a vacuum or steam cleaning method. You have the option of two pre-conditioning solutions depending on your fibre –
- Alkaline solutions for synthetic fibres
- Mild acidic for woollen fibres
Drying And Extracting
If you are opting for steam and washing your carpets, it leaves your floors damp. This could further lead to other complications like damp issues, mould infestation, etc. Therefore, you must combine it with drying and extracting to keep dampness away from floors. You can resort to fans, dehumidifiers, or air circulation to ensure that your carpets remain dry.
Wash And Rinse Technique
You can also choose the traditional method of cleaning carpets, that is, carpet shampoo and rinse process. Simple shampoo and scrubber to wash the carpets can be effective in keeping them clean. Next, you can use the vacuum to dry.
Use Vacuum Regularly
The best way to keep the carpet clean throughout the year is vacuuming once or twice a week. It is the ideal solution against dust and mites. If these dust particles clog under the thread, it damages your carpet quality. Your carpet won’t feel as soft and fresh as it used to. The dust in it can also make your carpet look faded.
Baking Soda is an excellent way to overcome tough carpet stains. It is one of the most opted carpet cleaning Brisbane techniques adopted by homeowners. If you spill oil over your carpet, baking soda can come to your rescue. You can sprinkle a considerable amount and let it soak in the stain. Once you have left it for a couple of minutes, vacuum the carpet for a much lighter stain. It makes a visible difference.
Some Maintenance Tips For Keeping Carpets Clean
Besides getting handy with soap, water, scrubber, and other machines, it is significant that you maintain your carpets well. The best way to keep carpets clean is to take care of them, especially if you have spent money on an expensive one. Below are some tips to keep your carpets and rugs clean and fresh.
Keep Shoes Away
Make your carpet a no-shoe zone area. Several cultures stick to not wearing shoes inside the home, and in a way, it protects your carpets and rugs from accumulating too much dirt. Even if you walk with shoes or slippers around the house, take them off before you step on the carpet.
An excellent way to improve the life of your carpet is by calling in professional carpet cleaners Brisbane once or twice a year. Even though you keep them clean on your own, a professional inspection and thorough cleaning will ensure that your carpets last longer and look as fresh as ever!
When you see stains or spots on your carpet, do not delay cleaning them. Especially with wine, coffee, tea, or other stains, the stains become tougher to clean if you leave them later. In some cases, it stays there even if you wash them thoroughly.
Do Not Scrub Your Carpets
When anything spills or falls on your carpet, do not immediately start scrubbing. Instead, choose a cleaning solution and dab on the stain. Rubbing hard can allow the stain to set on the particles, leading to premature fibres damage.
Some Facts About Carpet Cleaning You Should Know
Carpet Cleaning Brisbane has some facts that are not entirely known to homeowners. If you are a first-timer in cleaning your carpets, these facts will help you –
- You should always start the cleaning process with a pre-vacuuming. It is helpful because there is dust and dirt in your carpet, so if you add moisture before vacuuming, it turns into mud which becomes tough to clean. Therefore, it is recommended to opt for a pre-vacuuming first.
- Some stains can be removed in the general cleaning process, while some require specialised stain removal techniques. Unfortunately, some stain refuses to leave your carpet no matter how hard you clean.
- Your carpet cleaning process must include acid conditioning that helps in cleaning stains efficiently. It is because cleaning chemicals are alkaline. Therefore, acid conditioning balances out the products.
- Every carpet cleaning technique varies, depending on the technicians, chemicals used, the intensity of stains, and equipment used.
- If you have a woollen carpet, natural sulphur in the wool releases a strange odour when wet. However, it disappears when the carpet is dried.
- You must groom the carpet well after cleaning for it to look the way it was before. It also enables the carpet to dry quickly.
- The manufacturer applies a stain protection layer on the carpet, which does not come out even with carpet cleaning techniques. The reason why the stain protection coating breaks is wear and tear. If you rigorously use your carpet, the protective layer breaks off.
- When you hire carpet cleaners Brisbane, know that they are required to back their work with a warranty. If you aren’t satisfied with their cleaning process, you can call them again for a re-cleaning process for free.
- If you wish to improve your carpet’s longevity and want them to look better and more appealing, regularly cleaning them can help. Carpet Cleaning Brisbane removes the soil that deteriorates your carpet’s quality.
How Often Should You Clean Your Carpets?
Professionally, it would be best if you got your carpets cleaned once or twice a year. However, there are a few telltale signs that tell you it’s time for a thorough carpet cleanup –
- Matted appearance
- A texture that feels sticky
- A dusty feeling when you touch or sit on the carpet
However, to maintain the health and hygiene of your carpet, you must be frequent with your carpet cleaning process. At least, vacuuming it once or twice a week can keep dust and dirt away. However, if your carpet has any spill or stain, get rid of it immediately. The longer you wait, the more chances the stain has to accumulate deep inside the fibre. Take care of your carpets the way they deserve with the right kind of cleaning techniques.
Common Carpet Cleaning Mistakes You Should Avoid
Unfortunately, many homeowners make mistakes while cleaning their carpets. This leads to damage to your carpet, premature early or stubborn stains. For this reason, below is a list of mistakes you should avoid when you clean carpets.
The worst damage you can do to the carpet yourself is scrubbing hard on tough stains. You may be thinking that you are benefitting your carpet; however, you are only doing more harm than good in the long run. Vigorous scrubbing allows the stain to settle on the fibre and will enable them to fade quickly.
Using An Incorrect Stain Remover
People’s most common mistake while cleaning the carpet is choosing the wrong stain removal. Several misleading information on the internet regarding stain removal enables you to invest in the faulty product. It is best to check your manufacturer’s recommendation before you buy stain removal for your carpet.
Not Vacuuming Enough
If you do not vacuum your carpet enough, it will not look as fresh as you’d want. Do not wait for dirt and debris to settle in your carpet or rug. Vacuuming twice or thrice a week is beneficial for your carpet as it keeps your carpet healthy. There are tons of invisible dirt accumulating on your carpet every day, and regular vacuuming can help get rid of those.
Buying Cheap Carpet Deodorizers
When you own an expensive carpet, isn’t it better to keep it the way it deserves? There is nothing wrong with deodorisers. However, buying ones that aren’t suitable and friendly on the fibre can damage your carpet. It also leads to a build-up of gunk on your carpet. Therefore, preserve the essence and appeal of your carpet by purchasing products worth the carpet.
Using Too Much Shampoo
Using shampoo to clean your carpets is another task altogether. If the shampoo you apply isn’t enough, it will not clean the carpet satisfactorily. However, if it’s too much, you will have a tough time getting them out of your carpet. If you fail to extract shampoo out of the rug, it leads to shrinking and pulling off carpets from the walls and gaps between the floor and carpet.
Not Drying The Carpet Well
If you leave the carpet wet after cleaning, it can lead to the dampness of the floor. With this dampness, your floor can be prone to mould infestation or damp issues. For this reason, you should be using dry and extraction techniques to keep excess moisture away from the floor and carpet.
Just as the Brisbane carpet cleaning process is vital, it is equally significant to do it right. Really Cheap Carpet Cleaning in Brisbane comprises professional carpet cleaners with extensive training and years of expertise. Their carpet cleaners certainly know what they’re doing when it comes to professional carpet cleaning. In reality, they exclusively clean your carpets in the safest and most effective ways available.
Their services and pricing are available on their website. Reading their customer reviews might also offer you further information regarding their reputation. They will provide you with a free quote when you call! Cleaning your carpets will not only improve their lifespan but also add to your family’s health. Therefore, when you have such a charming and beautiful addition to your home, take care of it the way it deserves.