Household Products That Remove Stains
We often hear old wives’ tales about things were done or used in cleaning processes. Some of them you hear and think “ahh, no way”. Others you think “that’s so crazy it just might work”. Today’s piece of interesting information from Really Cheap Carpet Cleaning is common household products that are great for using on your carpets, as well as their intended use.
Carpet Cleaning Hints
- Vinegar – ah, our loyal friend, vinegar. Not only does it make a great salad dressing base, it is a great liquid for assisting in the removal of most light carpet stains.
- Baking soda – also known more for it’s abilities in cooking rather than cleaning. Baking soda, also known as bicarbonate of soda, is another great assistant in removing stains. It is also great for absorbing odours in furniture and mattresses.
- Cloudy Ammonia – is great for mopping floors clean with no residue, but also great at alkalising stains and breaking them down for removal.
- Baby wipes – ask any mum, and they’ll tell you that baby wipes can clean pretty much anything! A cleaning super-power in a small cloth. Great for blotting out stains or mopping up small spills.
- Salt – when mixed with rubbing alcohol, it can help clean up greasy or oily stains.
- Borax – commonly used as a laundry booster, as well as pest control. You need to be a bit careful using this one, as it can cause irritation with prolonged skin contact.
- Shampoo – yes, the sort you generally use on your hair. Just like they clean and degrease your hair, shampoo can also do the same for spot-cleaning your carpets.
That’s all for now. While these common household products can help in removing stains that are fresh, if you have large areas of carpet that need cleaning or tough stains, then you’re better off employing a professional cleaning company such as Really Cheap Carpet Cleaning Brisbane’s services. Get in contact with us any time to chat about how we can help.