Carpets vs Tiles
When you are finding a place to live, either renting or buying; sometimes a preference is given to a house that is fully tiled, or fully carpeted. Some factors includes if you have children and/or animals that are more likely to make a mess on the ground, or you are an older person and prefer the softness of carpet rather than hard tiles. The reasons are many and varied.
If you aren’t sure which one you would prefer for your lifestyle, we have made a short list that may help make that decision a bit easier.
– Absorbs noise, especially two-story dwellings
– Traps dust and dirt which can be vacuumed out
– Soft underfoot, particularly in winter
– Can stain easily
– Can be costly to clean
– Higher chance of wearing out in high traffic areas
– Strong and durable
– Easy to clean
– Ideal in wet areas and high traffic areas
– Grout can become discoloured and hard to clean
– Can chip or crack
– Cold underfoot, particularly in winter
– Can be slippery in wet conditions
If you decide that carpet is the way to go, the team here at Carpet Cleaning Brisbane will be all you need to keep your carpets in top condition!