Tips for Moving House
Moving house can be one of the more stressful life events you can encounter. Thankfully though, the team at Really Cheap Carpet Cleaning have a few little tips and tricks you might not have thought of to help!
- When packing boxes, cut rectangular holes in the side large enough to put your hand in. This makes them much easier to lift and carry.
- If you’re looking for free boxes, head to a place like Bunnings, they always have boxes of all shapes and sizes
- When un-assembling furniture, keep all the bolts, screws etc in a ziplock bag and label with a permanent marker with that furniture piece it belongs to
- When arranging to have your mail redirected, do it a week before you move. This means you won’t be in a panic and it takes 3-4 working days to become active anyway
- Have an overnight bag packed with essentials so you don’t have to go digging for them in boxes already packed.
- Instead of taking clothes off hangers, just fold them up with the hangers still in them. This also makes the easier to unpack as you just lift the hangers out and hang the clothes again.
- Wrap dishes and other breakables in tea towels, linen or blankets
- Take pictures of how your electronics are wired up so you can reconnect them correctly later
- Defrost your freezer the day before you move and leave the door open so it can dry out properly
- If you have children and/or pets, try and find someone to look after them while you move
- Get Really Cheap Carpet Cleaning Brisbane to handle the cleaning and carpet side of things!
We hope these tips help make your impending move less stressful. Don’t forget we are here to help relieve your bond cleaning stress, contact us anytime for a quote.